We are dedicated to keeping our children, families, and staff safe. We are implementing the following safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our center.
- We will have a curbside drop-off and pick-up effective immediately. Staff members will meet you at your car in the morning and escort your child or children to their classroom. The sign-in logbook will be on a table outside. You are encouraged to bring your own pen.
- Please leave car seats in your car as we are no longer storing them at school during this time. If you must leave your car seat, we will place it in a large storage bag and return your seat to you upon pick-up.
- We are also asking that the same parent who does drop off pick up in the afternoon.
- If possible, older people, such as grandparents, should not pick up children as they are at a higher risk for COVID-19.
- Please refrain from bringing in toys from home. This includes show and tell toys.
- Send diapers, wipes, and snacks in bulk to eliminate the spread of germs. Teachers will label everything and let you know when your child is running low on something.
- Each child needs at least 3-4 sets of clothes. Place clothes in labeled Ziplock bags and teachers will place clothes in your child’s cubby.
- Please bring your child’s bottles in a labeled Ziplock bag and teachers will put the bottles in the refrigerator.
- No diaper bags, bottle bags, backpacks, or lunchboxes will be allowed at this time. Please bring lunches in a plastic grocery store bag.
- Effective immediately, we will no longer have cookies up front for treats. Instead, teachers will have stickers to give your child.
- If your child is sick, they must stay home.
- All extra curricular activities such as Soccer Shots and Dance have been cancelled until further notice. Spanish and Gardening classes will also not be held.
- Staff and students wash their hands upon entering their respective classrooms and frequently throughout the day.
- Playground equipment is sprayed between use.
- We will continue to follow the directives of our local officials, DHEC, the CDC, and the Governor.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us.
Stay safe. Sincerely,
Your Smart Cookies Family